Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions very carefully as your use of service is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions ("Terms").
By subscribing to or using any of our services you agree that you have read, understood and are bound by the Terms, regardless of how you subscribe to or use the services. If you do not want to be bound by the Terms, you must not subscribe to or use our services. In these Terms, references to "you", "User" shall mean the end user accessing the Website, its contents and using the Services offered through the Website. "Service Providers" mean independent third party service providers, and "we", "us" and "our" shall mean Leather Talks, affiliates and partners.
www.leathertalks.com website ("Website") is an Internet based content and e-commerce portal operated by Leather Talks.Your use of website www.leathertalks.com (hereinafter referred to as "Leather Talks") and services and tools are governed by the following terms and conditions as applicable to the Leather Talks. If you transact on Leather Talks, you shall be subject to the policies that are applicable to the website for such transaction. By mere use of the website you shall be contracting with Leather Talks with its registered office at D-5 A C Market 1,Shakespeare Sarani Kolkata-700 071 and these terms and conditions constitute your binding obligation All products/services and information displayed on www. Leather Talks constitute an "invitation to offer". Your order for purchase constitutes your "offer" which shall be subject to the terms and conditions as listed below.www. Leather Talks reserves the right to accept or reject your offer. If you have supplied us with your valid email address, we will notify you by email as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order and email you again to confirm details and therefore process the order. Our acceptance of your order will take place upon dispatch of the product(s) ordered. No act or omission of www.leathertalks.com prior to the actual dispatch of the product(s) ordered will constitute acceptance of your offer.
Use of the Site is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Site. In case of a business entity, you represent that you have the necessary authority to bind the entity to this User Agreement. Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed solely at those who access this website from India. Leather Talks makes no representation that any products or services referred to in the materials on this website are appropriate for use, or available outside India. Those who choose to access this Site from outside India are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Leather Talks will deliver the products only within India and will not be liable for any claims relating to any products ordered from outside India.
Unless otherwise stated as additional terms and conditions which are product specific, these terms and conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings, or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with any other terms of any order submitted. By using the services of Leather Talks you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
Account and Registration Obligations
It is the user’s responsibility to keep the details of the account and password confidential and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under Your Account or Password. Leather Talksshall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by the user to protect the account details or the password. In case of any suspected breach please contact us immediately. If www.leathertalks.com has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Leather TalksSite, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account without any liability to Leather Talks
You also agree to:
1. Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by Leather Talks website during the registration process (such information being the "Registration Data")
2. Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, or not current or if Leather Talkshas reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or not in accordance with the User Agreement, www.leathertalks.com will have the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide you with access to the Site.
While Leather Talks shall endeavor to provide accurate product and pricing information, yet typographical errors might occur. Leather Talkscannot confirm the price of a product until after you order. In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product information, Leather Talksshall have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that product, unless the product has already been dispatched. In the event that an item is mis-priced, Leather Talks may, at its discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Unless the product ordered by you has been dispatched, your offer will not be deemed accepted and Leather Talks will have the right to modify the price of the product and contact you for further instructions using the e-mail address provided by you during the time of registration, or cancel the order and notify you of such cancellation. In the event that www.leathertalks.com accepts your order the same shall be debited to your credit card account and duly notified to you by email that the payment has been processed. The payment may be processed prior to Leather Talks dispatch of the product that you have ordered. If we have to cancel the order after we have processed the payment, the said amount will be reversed back to your credit card account.
Cancellations by the Customer
In case we receive a cancellation notice and the order has not been shipped by us, we shall cancel the order and refund the entire amount. The orders that have already been shipped out by us will not be cancelled and you will have to check our return policy on those orders.
Cancellation by Leather Talks
Under certain circumstances it might not be possible for us to accept an order and we may be compelled to cancel the same. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order for any reason at our sole discretion. Some situations that may result in your order being cancelled include limitations on quantities available for purchase, inaccuracies or errors in product or pricing information, or problems identified by our credit and fraud avoidance department. We may also ask for additional verifications or information before accepting any order. We will contact you if all or any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order. If your order is cancelled after your credit card has been charged, the said amount will be reversed back in your Card Account. The customer agrees not to dispute the decision made by Leather Talks and accept www.leathertalks.com's decision regarding the cancellation.
Credit Card Details
You hereby agree, understand and confirm that the credit card details provided by you for availing of services on Leather Talks will be correct, accurate and current. Under no circumstances you shall use a credit card which is not lawfully owned by you. You further agree and undertake to provide the correct and valid credit card details to Leather Talks . The card details will not be utilized and shared by Leather Talks with any of the third parties unless required for fraud verifications or by law, regulation or court order. Leather Talks will not be liable for any credit card fraud. The liability for use of a card fraudulently will be on you and the onus to 'prove it otherwise' shall be exclusively on you.
Fraudulent /Declined Transactions
In case of fraudulent use of the site, www.Leather Talks reserves the right to recover the cost of goods, collection charges and lawyers’ fees from person(s) concerned. Leather Talks reserves the right to initiate legal proceedings against such person(s) for fraudulent use of the Site and any other unlawful acts or acts or omissions in breach of these terms and conditions.
When you visit the Site or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You hereby provide your consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site. You hereby agree that all notices, agreements and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Exactness Not Guaranteed:
LEATHER TALKS hereby disclaims any guarantees of exactness as to the finish and appearance of the final Product as ordered by the user. The quality of any products, Services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Website may or may not meet your expectations. Alterations to certain aspects of your order such as the packaging, color etc.may be required due to limitations caused by availability of product . In this instance you agree that LEATHER TALKS will send an approval request via the email address which you submitted when placing your order. If you do not agree with the requested change you retain the right to reject the requested change by replying to it within 10 days of it being sent to you. Leather Talks may re-request that you accept a production alteration one additional time if an alternative method to send your merchandise is available. If you reject this 2nd request your order will be cancelled. You will have to check our return policy on such cancelled orders
You Agree and Confirm
- 2. You shall not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. Leather Talks reserves the right to bar any such activity.
- 3. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of Leather Talks website, or any other systems or networks connected to Leather Talks Website or to any Leather Talks’s server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through Leather Talks Website, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
- 4. You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of Leather Talks website or any network connected to Leather Talks website nor breach the security or authentication measures on Leather Talks website or any network connected to Leather Talks Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to Leather Talks Website, or any other customer of Leather Talks, including any Leather Talks account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit Leather Talks Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through Leather Talks Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by Leather Talks Website.
- 5. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of Leather Talks Website or Leather Talks’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Leather Talks.
- 6. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person’s use of the Website.
- 7. You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to Leather Talks on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
- 11. You understand that Leather Talks has the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons providing information or materials on the Leather Talks Website) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or valid governmental request. This may include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with investigation of alleged illegal activity or solicitation of illegal activity or in response to a lawful court order or subpoena. In addition, we can (and you hereby expressly authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury.
- 13. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through Leather Talks, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. Leather Talks shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on Leather Talks.
- 14. It is possible that other users (including unauthorized users or “hackers”) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on Leather Talks and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of Leather Talks, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure you. Leather Talks does not approve of such unauthorized uses but by using LEATHER TALKS Website you acknowledge and agree that Leather Talks is not responsible for the use of any personal information that you publicly disclose or share with others on Leather Talks. Please carefully select the type of information that you publicly disclose or share with others on Leather Talks.
- 15. WWW.LEATHERTALKS.COM shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group/s of People, intentionally or unintentionally in DoS/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
Modification of Terms & Conditions of Service
Reviews, Feedback, Submissions
End User acknowledges that all discussion for ratings, comments, bulletin board service, chat rooms and/or other message or communication facilities (collectively "Communities") are public and not private communications. www.leathertalks.com does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Community, and, therefore, Leather Talks specifically disclaims any liability concerning the Communities and any actions resulting from End Users participation in any Community, including any objectionable content. Generally, any communication which End User posts to Leather Talks (whether in chat rooms, discussion groups, message boards or otherwise) is considered to be non-confidential. If particular web pages permit the submission of communications that will be treated by Leather Talks as confidential, that fact will be stated on those pages. By posting comments, messages or other information on the Site, End User grants Leather Talks the right to use such comments, messages or information for promotions, advertising, market research or any other lawful purpose.
Copyright & Trademark
Everything located on or in this Site, including the Microsites is the exclusive property of www.leathertalks.com and can be used with express permission of the copyright and/or trademark owner.ANY COPYING, DISTRIBUTING, TRANSMITTING, POSTING, LINKING, DEEP LINKING, OR OTHERWISE MODIFYING OF THIS SITE OR ANY OF THE MICROSITES WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN PERMISSION OF Leather Talks IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Any violation of this policy may result in a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right infringement that may subject End User to civil and / or criminal penalties.
This Site and Microsites contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music, sound, and the entire contents of www.leathertalks.com protected by copyright. Leather Talks owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. End User may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. End User may download / print / save copyrighted material for End User's personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly stated under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material without the express permission of www.leathertalks.com and the copyright owner is permitted. If copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material is permitted, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. End User acknowledges that he/she/it does not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. Trademarks that are located within or on the Site or a Web site otherwise owned or operated in conjunction with www.leathertalks.com shall not be deemed to be in the public domain but rather the exclusive property of www.leathertalks.com, unless such site is under license from the Trademark owner thereof in which case such license is for the exclusive benefit and use of www.leathertalks.com, unless otherwise stated.
End User shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on this Site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. www.leathertalks.com does not have any express burden or responsibility to provide End User with indications, markings or anything else that may aid End User in determining whether the material in question is copyrighted or trademarked. End User shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of this Site, End User warrants that the owner of such material has expressly granted Leather Talks the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material. End User also permits any other end user to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that end user's personal use. End User hereby grants Leather Talks the right to edit, copy, publish and distribute any material made available on this Site by End User. Leather Talks hereby reserves the right to terminate its agreement with any End User who repeatedly infringes on copyright rights upon notification to Leather Talks by the copyright owner.
The foregoing provisions of this clause apply equally to and are for the benefit of Leather Talks, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless www.leathertalks.com, its employees, directors, officers, agents and their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including attorney's fees, caused by or arising out of claims based upon your actions or inactions, which may result in any loss or liability to Leather Talks or any third party including but not limited to breach of any warranties, representations or undertakings or in relation to the non-fulfillment of any of your obligations under this User Agreement or arising out of the your violation of any applicable laws, regulations including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights, payment of statutory dues and taxes, claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy or publicity, loss of service by other subscribers and infringement of intellectual property or other rights. This clause shall survive the expiry or termination of this User Agreement.
Leather Talks may terminate this Agreement at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, Leather Talks shall have the right to terminate any passwords or accounts of End User in the event of any conduct by End User which Leather Talks, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by End User of this Agreement. www.leathertalks.com's right to any Comments shall survive any termination of this User Agreement. Any such termination of the User Agreement shall not cancel your obligation to pay for the product already ordered from the Site or affect any liability that may have arisen under the User Agreement.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers
The Site is provided without any warranties or guarantees and in an "As Is" condition. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the Site.
The Site provides content from other Internet sites or resources and while Leather Talks tries to ensure that material included on the Site is correct, reputable and of high quality, it cannot accept responsibility if this is not the case.www.leathertalks.com will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with the Site.
This disclaimer does not apply to any product warranty offered by the manufacturer of the product as specified in the product specifications. This disclaimer constitutes an essential part of this User Agreement. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, www.leathertalks.com shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses arising out of or in connection with the Site, its services or this User Agreement.
Without prejudice to the generality of the section above, the total liability of www.leathertalks.com to you for all liabilities arising out of this User Agreement be it in tort or contract is limited to the value of the product ordered by you. Leather Talks, its associates and technology partners make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, current-ness and/or timeliness of any content, information, software, text, graphics, links or communications provided on or through the use of the Site or that the operation of the Site will be error free and/or uninterrupted. Consequently, Leather Talks assumes no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by you on account of the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Site; and/or any interruption or errors in the operation of the Site.
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any other user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mail bombing" or "crashing;" (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Leather Talks will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Site other than the search engine and search agents available from Leather Talkson this Site and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Explorer).
1. Force Majeure. Without prejudice to any other provision herein,www.leathertalks.com shall not be liable for any loss, damage or penalty as a result of any delay in or failure to deliver or otherwise perform hereunder due to any cause beyond the www.leathertalks.com 's control, including, without limitation, acts of the End User, embargo or other governmental act, regulation or request affecting the conduct of www.leathertalks.com 's business, fire, explosion, accident, theft, vandalism, riot, acts of war, strikes or other labor difficulties, lightning, flood, windstorm or other acts of God.
2. Entire Agreement. This Agreement and any operating rules for the Website established by Leather Talks constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
3. Waiver.No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder is a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The failure of either party to exercise any of its rights under this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver or forfeiture of such rights or any other rights provided hereunder.
4. Headings. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall be of no legal force or effect.
5. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions contained in this Agreement and the remaining portions of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
6. Governing Law: This Agreement will be governed by laws of India, subject to the Courts in Kolkata, India, without reference to conflict of laws principles, if any.
7. Payment Decline: We as a merchant shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any Transaction, on Account of the Cardholder having exceeded the preset limit mutually agreed by us with our acquiring bank from time to time.